Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Woman with a Dream...

"Mommy, you look so cute sitting there...you look like a woman wiff a dream!"

This woman wiff a dream was sitting on the porch, soaking up the sun and the warm breeze for the first time this season, sharing carrot sticks with Molly while we watched her siblings ride all manner of wheeled contraptions up and down the street.


We'd arrived home earlier in the afternoon having completed our annual standardized tests and we were all enjoying the relief of that accomplishment. There was a new book at my side and another on my lap. A roast, nestled in the slow-cooker, was scenting the house with the promise dinner and wouldn't be needing my attention for at least another hour.

"Molly, YOU are the cute one," I answered back and then thought...

 Today, I'm not really a woman with a dream. Today, just now...I'm living the dream.

Then she flashed a smile that made me think that perhaps she was thinking the same thing too.



“I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.” 

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails