Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Your WHAT?!?!

She stepped out onto the porch looking at her hands quizzically.


"Which one of these is my cuss finger?"

"What?" I asked, "What do you mean?"

"The other day Kate told me not to hold up a finger all by itself because it was bad. I asked Dad if that was true and he said that when you hold up that one finger it means the same as a cuss word," she explained.

"Oh," I said, still trying to catch up with the story.


"And," said she in a huff, "Daddy wouldn't even tell me which cuss word it meant. He said I was too little."

To Molly being told she was too little was as much an insult as the witnessing the cuss finger personally.

"So," she continued getting back to her point, "which of these is my cuss finger?"

Pointing to the appropriate finger (or inappropriate finger as was the case), I smothered a grin thinking that I'd not planned to cover such things so early in second grade this year…or any year for that matter!



No comments:

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails