Sunday, April 24, 2011

Preparing to "Get the Credit"

Easter preparations at the Wright Place have been in high gear. I think we're ready for the Big Day...


The eggs have been colored by a crack team of experts.





The Hot Cross Buns have been baked and are awaiting their Crosses...

Pedicures have been administered so that fresh toes are ready for new sandals in the morning...

Easter clothes are set out, awaiting the morning iron...

Baskets have all found nooks and crannies in which to hide.

And the Easter sermon appears to be all polished up and ready to be delivered.

Oh, I love Easter!!  
I love that no matter how much we try to "pretty it up" with ribbons and bows, with chocolate and jelly beans, with eggs and baskets and shiny new shoes and toenail polish, the harsh reality remains: my Savior died a gruesome death on a hideous cross so that my sins, which are much more hideous and gruesome than I'd ever care to admit, would be wiped clean, expunged from my record. Yet, I don't stand with a record that is merely blank, my record now reflects the righteousness of my Savior, Himself! I get credit for all of the good that He is! I get credit for His goodness! I get credit for His love! 
 I can't wait to sing of His resurrection, of His love, of His cross...

In an excellent book of Puritan prayers called The Valley of Vision is a prayer titled "Love Lustres at Calvary" from which the following excerpt is taken:

"Christ was all anguish that I might be all joy,
cast off that I might be brought in,
trodden down as an enemy that I might be welcomed as a friend,
surrendered to hell's worst that I might attain heaven's best,
stripped that I might be clothed,
wounded that I might be healed,
athirst that I might drink,
tormented that I might be comforted,
made a shame that I might inherit glory,
entered darkness that I might have eternal light."

I think that about says it all.


No comments:

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails