Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Man of Few Words

"Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you."

"Do as I say, not as I do."

"Sit up straight."

"I will always, always find out."

"I'll be right there."

"You are a young lady, act like one."

"Let's see what we can figure out."

"It'll get worse."**

"Easy on the clutch."

"You only have to do your best."

"GIRLS!!!!"

"Life is not fair."

"Good-bye babe."

"Your mother and I will take care of your college expenses."

"It is ok to wipe your tears on my shirt, but not anyone else's."

"I'm proud of you."

"I think you can do better than this."

"You will not talk back to your mother."

"You did a good job."

"I love you."

It was with this small arsenal of phrases that my Dad {with a wee bit of help from my Mom} raised three girls. Actually, it was with these choice phrases and his own bathroom, which he built as my sisters and I approached junior high, that my Dad raised three girls.


He is yet a man of few words.

He is yet a man of abundant love.

You did a great job Dad!
Happy Father's Day
Love,
Your Best and Your Brightest
Your Oldest and Your First

**This phrase was and is frequently shared with my Man regarding any subject dealing with being married or, I think,with having an abundance of daughters.  My Man, thinking this great wisdom indeed, shares it with many other married men as sage wisdom from his father-in-law.

1 comment:

Lori said...

very nice tribute Gretchen! and I LOVE the 80s hair!!!!

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails