Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Oh Thank You...

Divine Mercies
{a Puritan prayer of Thankfulness}

Thou Eternal God,

Thine is surpassing greatness, unspeakable goodness, super-abundant grace;
I can as soon count the sands of ocean’s ‘lip’ as number Thy favours towards me;

I know but a part - but that part exceeds all praise.


I thank Thee for personal mercies, 


a measure of health, preservation of body, 


comforts of house and home, 


sufficiency of food and clothing, 



continuance of mental powers, 


my family, their mutual help and support, 


the delights of domestic harmony and peace, 


the seats now filled that might have been vacant, 


my country, church, Bible, faith.


~Amen~

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Wrights!

Janet & Ken said...

Ditto...Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. XOXO

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails