Friday, June 6, 2014

The You-May-Now-Kiss-The-Bride Guy

The children were at their grandparents and my Man and I were headed to a wedding out of town. I received a text from Megan telling me of a conversation she'd just had with Molly...

Says Megan...
I told Molly you and Dad were going to a wedding today. She said, "Oh, is Mama gonna be a bridesmaid?" 
I said, "No, Daddy is the preacher who does the wedding and Mommy is just going to watch."
Molly responds, "So, he [Daddy] is the guy who says You may now kiss the bride?
I told her, "Yes."
Molly said, "Ooooohhhhhh THAT will be hilarious! Everybody will see his haircut and laugh!!"
My poor Man. Its been over a month since he changed hairstyles and ole Molly hasn't let up one bit. She's still waiting on him to let it go back to "normal". Whether she ever gets used to her "new Daddy" or not, the folks at the sweet wedding we attended didn't seem to mind his hair one bit.





As is often the case, the you-may-now-kiss-the-bride man is hardly noticed in the ceremony except by the wedding attendee whom he had married nearly twenty years ago... me!

Molly, inspired by the outdoor wedding pictures, decided to have her own outdoor soirée...






“The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in the ballroom or church or synagogue. It's a choice you make not just on your wedding day, but over and over again and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife." ~B. DeAngelis


No comments:

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails