Friday, February 20, 2015

A Quick Hello and a Kitchen Promise

Tonight I cooked a pot of soup on my new stove. It was the first time I. A few weeks that I've prepared any food above ground and it was thrilling.


Cooking in the basement has been an adventure and a task that has taken some getting used to...
Boiling pasta in the microwave takes forever.


So does toasting dinner rolls for seven in a two slot toaster. When your kitchen is in the basement it is possible to make a cup of coffee, put a load of clothes to wash and reheat leftovers at the same time! My crock pots have been slowly cooking all manner of soups and meats and have become very important members of our family.


The current family MVP is of course Pappaw. He drives 90 minutes to our home each Monday and arrives at breakfast time and works until way too late every evening until Friday rolls around and then he returns to his home to spend the weekend with Mammaw.


After two weeks of this schedule the progress in the kitchen is pretty impressive for a one and a half man crew. My Man has been around a little to assist as have Kate and Cole but only on a part time basis. Pappaw is a renovatin' machine.



I, however, am not a machine and have been working on maintaining a little bit of order in a home that in normal circumstances is not very ordered. It's taken a lot more doing than I'd anticipated. I haven't read a word from a book (except for the kids school books) in nearly a week, this is the first post on the blog in almost two weeks, and I've not gone for a run since last weekend. I have been to Lowe's daily and during the Great Paint Brain Freeze I was there three times in one day.  My Man has been to Lowe's twice as much as I have and soon, I think, he will snag a part time job at the paint counter since he has now memorized 87% of the paint color names.

The kids are loving having Pappaw around and laughing at his jokes and learning the correct names  of tools which their parents have never had the smarts to teach them.


We've a few weeks left in the  journey to our new kitchen and I'm eager to see the final product. Stay tuned for some before and after pictures very soon...I promise!!

Until early (?) next week...have a good weekend!



No comments:

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails