Thursday, August 23, 2012

Homeschool Yearbook

Today we finished our third day of school for the year. I have, on each of the three days, forgotten to take The Picture, the one that marks the beginning of each school year. I remember fondly the very first picture of the very first school year with my very first students and their very first, very new, very green (with morning sickness) teacher.

This year those same students look like this...

and this...

and our entire class has expanded to this...


Our year promises to teach one student a bit of algebra, another a greater appreciation of classic literature, a smaller one will learn how to identify important elements of a story, and for the smallest...she wants to finish learning how to "wead a book"!
As for the teacher, we ALL know that she (as usual) will be the one who'll learn the absolute MOST!


Best wishes for a super school year from The Wright Academy!

4 comments:

Sudeana said...

Have an absolutely superb year!!

"Intentionally Katie" said...

My eyes just filled with tears! I saw the picture of the younger kids first and thought, "Aww....how cute. I need to take our '1st day of school' pics today" then scrolled down and saw them all grown up and got a vision of my own little guys as pre-teens. WOW! That was a wake up call. :)

"Intentionally Katie" said...

My eyes just filled with tears! I saw the picture of the younger kids first and thought, "Aww....how cute. I need to take our '1st day of school' pics today" then scrolled down and saw them all grown up and got a vision of my own little guys as pre-teens. WOW! That was a wake up call. :)

Gretchen said...

Oh Katie, it goes so fast-roller coaster fast doesn't it? Hang on, it's worth the ride even without the brakes! Have a super school year!

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails