Monday, November 30, 2009

How Do You Apologize for THAT?

We had a super Thanksgiving day. . .we arrived at my Aunt Ant (I'll explain later) and Uncle's home with three whole minutes to spare (a Wright gang record), the turkey was juicy and hot, the gravy was...


...plentiful,

and there was this ultra tasty broccoli-bacon-golden raisin-sunflower seed concoction, and our family's traditional pineapple salad/dessert.




The table was inviting and beautiful. . .



and the company...

...delightful. 
(That's my Dad in the flannel, fresh from hunting. 
Check out that hair...remind you of anyone??)


(Hint, hint)

This meal was as good as it gets and it was brought to us by. . .

...this lady (my Mom, the one behind the baby) and...



...this lady, (my Ant Sab, so spelled because when I was 5, I made a construction paper and cotton stocking for her to decorate her home with at Christmas time.  In glitter, gold I think, I carefully added the label "ANT Sab" and so forever it has been.  Every birthday card, every care package to my college address, on the wedding gift, on the baby shower gifts-s-s-s. . . has been the signature "Love, Ant Sab..."  ) and...


...THIS lady, my Grandma, who taught the other two everything they know about feeding a large hungry crowd!  Isn't she lovely?

After the meal, the adults and kids parted company for a while.  The adults to watch football and converse.  Some of the kids watched movies on an enormous television equipped with surround sound like the real theater, while others chose to ride the rides...



The gentleman above, the one showing off his skills as a grandpa (two grandsons since February!!), is my Uncle John.  He's a physical therapist.  Well, that's one of his jobs.  He also, to hear my son or my Grandma (or any of us really) tell it, plays a vital role in the success or failure of our favorite college football team.  If you know when to look, you will see him take the field during actual football games--this usually means trouble for our team, but we are always excited to see him on TV, "LOOK it's Uncle John!!" 

Happily, this year our team had a home game the day after Thanksgiving, and Uncle John was able to spend a leisurely Thanksgiving day trapped in his own home with seventeen other people, six of whom happened to be children under eleven years old.  I think I even heard that he was able to take a nap after dinner which would later prove to be a wise move...

Just as the evening was winding down and we were preparing to leave, my Uncle asked my Man and I if any of our clan would like to go to the big game the next day.  Oh the happiness of my guys.  Cole was thrilled, he'd been after his dad all week to go to that game.  This would be his first "Backyard Brawl" and he didn't care that it would be freezing or maybe raining, or both. 

 Oh, Uncle John...how can we ever thank you?
I'll tell you in the next post, but here's a hint...
Let's just say, if the poor guy had to do it all over again, he wouldn't even have invited us to Thanksgiving dinner. (Just kidding...I hope...)




2 comments:

G'ma suz said...

I miss you and the gang.
love,
Megan
P.S. My nails got messed up when I
did surgery on the deer.

ant sab said...

Ant sab says...
Soooo fun spending time with you and yours. Congrats on prompt arrival and good game playing!

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails