Friday, March 9, 2012

Just the Kind of Family We Are...

It had the makings of a wonderful day. My little gang had been looking forward to it far over a week. We were taking Monday off with my Man who was set to leave us for the rest of the week for a pastors' conference. Our goal was two fold, first to spend some unscheduled time together as a family and second, to meet up with my Mom so that she could take Kate home with her for the rest of the week. My sister, Becky, decided that her schedule allowed her to join us as well as her two boys! Family time, Grandma, aunt and cousins...my kids were on cloud nine. So was I! It had been years since I'd had the opportunity to go shopping with my Mom and sisters...Easter 1992 perhaps! 

We shopped for a bit, each of us looking for our own items, some successful some not, but that hardly mattered as we enjoyed our time together. After a lunch of delicious burgers and sweet potato fries, my Mom with an eager Kate in tow, headed home for Grandma camp, and my sister and her boys left for their home as well. The Wright gang made quick tracks to various bookstores about town, and then headed home as well.

On our way home, basking in the glow of our lovely day, this text arrived from my sister who lives in South Carolina…



Poor kid! Her hubby would arrive home shortly also sick. 

Later that night, Sudeana's third daughter would become ill as well with the stomach flu! 

Becky and I decided to lighten the mood by making up perspective blog titles for our poor sister's use later when and if she chose to record her day for posterity. 

Cole, Meg and I all contributed suggestions, but Becky proved to be quite the wordsmith, coming up with what had to be the winning entry...


My bucket-slinging sister in South Carolina laughed right along with us, thankfully and characteristically. We had lots of fun at her beleaguered expense! 


I'm thrilled to report that my southern sister's gang seems to be on the mend which is a good thing as we three sisters have a big adventures planned in the very near future!

There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.  ~Mary Montagu

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails