- Get the laundry finished before the power goes out.
- Prepare some snacks to enjoy when the power goes out.
- Unglue my attention from The Weather Channel before the power goes out.
- Charge all phones and electronics before the power goes out.
- Locate a candle or two to light (say it with me) when the power goes out.
- Heed the standards posted on the living room wall...
Perhaps if I put this one first, the others would be easier to accomplish?
Lord, give me I pray:
A remembering heart for the things that have happened
An attentive heart to what I have heard
A forgiving heart for what has hurt
A grateful heart for what has blessed
A brave heart for what may be required
An open heart to all that may come
A trusting heart to go forth with You
A loving heart for You and all Your creation
A longing heart for the reconciliation of all things.
A willing heart to say "yes" to what You will.
~Leighton Ford printed in