Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Little Bit of Almost Nothing

Today...absolutely nothing spectacular happened. Nothing even remarkable. Very little worth even mentioning, yet it was purely delightful. Nap times were observed respectfully. Meals served and eaten readily. Children obeyed...mostly. Laundry folded and put away finally. Sisters played "house" creatively. Daddy worked industriously. Brother won the imaginary ball game handily.

Today's Little Bits...

Baked ziti, now there's something to smile about.



What happens when your brother tucks you in and you tell him you are too scared to nap alone in your room.


"Bases loaded, full count, two outs..."

He's quite the driveway all star!



Our princess is just about finished with this good read. She's learned many new words from its pages including enhance, reluctant, and hesitant.

Today-- ours to enjoy tremendously!

"The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance... I bless the Lord...Therefore my heart is glad, and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure."

~selected verses from Psalm 16~

2 comments:

G'ma suz said...

priceless . . .Love, MOM

Jana Vee said...

I must say while looking over your blogs and enjoying them thoroughly I did overlook the picture of your daughter with her big plastic sword to protect her. I am very impressed by this gesture from your son. Having grown up with an older brother I can assure you had I told him I was afraid to take a nap, in my room alone, he would have taken the opportunity to tell me that I wasn't alone. HE then would have described, in great detail, every monster in the closet, under the bed, behind the curtains and in the duct work. He then would have smiled and whispered, "have a good nap" as he walked backward out of the room in order to see the terror on my face. You are raising not only a protective, but more importantly, a caring big brother,that ... as your mom posted ... is definitely PRICELESS!!! Great job Mom and Dad!!!

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails