Thursday, August 13, 2009

Zoo-a-thon!

"When we get home, our goal is to see how fast we can get our baths and get into bed!"

"But Moooommmmm, it's still daytime!" she protested.

We'd been at the zoo located an hour and a half from our home for over five hours. It had taken our van full more than two hours to get there in the first place because of the faulty directions I'd downloaded. Add traffic and meals, and we'd been out galavanting for close to 10 hours.

Sighing, I explained for what seemed like the millionth time, "It is not dark yet, but it is eight o'clock and bedtime is in thirty minutes."

It had been an enjoyable day, but enough was enough--the big girl was zonked!

"Oh," she said with what seemed comprehension, "it seems like we just got out of bed an hour ago." So glad to know that her day was such a wonderful whirlwind...












































After a quick but thorough bath, she fell asleep instantly. This morning she looked at me with bleary eyes over her bowl of cereal.

"Mom...I'm gonna need a nap today."

"Oh good baby, I'm gonna need one too!"

1 comment:

Jana Vee said...

AWESOME AS ALWAYS!!! I REALLY DO HOPE THAT YOU ARE KEEPING THESE IN SOME FORM, BECAUSE I TRULY BELIEVE THAT ONE DAY THEY COULD BE PUBLISHED. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE TEEN YEARS KICK IN ... MAYBE DO PRE-TEEN, TEEN YEARS AND YOUNG ADULT LIFE ... YOU COULD HAVE A 3 PART SERIES AND I BET IT WOULD BE AWESOME ... I'D BUY IT!!!

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails