Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chicken...Cooked in an Oven

The Double Do Over served in my home earlier this week is called Roasted Chicken with Smokey Apricot Sauce and I found it in




If you turn to page 104, you will find the short ingredient list:


Chicken5 chicken breasts were plenty to feed the 6 of us for dinner and 3 of us for lunch the next day.  I cut each piece into three pieces after I "hammered" them a bit to make them more tender.  Salt and pepper them on both sides and place in roasting pan or casserole dish.


Liquid Smoke: This is an ingredient that I had never used before.  You can find it near the Worcestershire sauce and barbecue sauce at the grocery store for under two dollars.  Only 1 teaspoon is used in this dish.



Apricot Preserves: 1 and 1/2 cups  (the entire 18 oz. jar).  Robin Miller says, "If you have orange marmalade instead of apricot preserves, that works too.  In fact, any fruit preserve will work."  

Soy Sauce:  2 Tablespoons 

That's it!  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Combine the preserves, the soy sauce, and the liquid smoke and pour over the chicken. 


Roast until the chicken is cooked through, about 30-35 minutes. 

I served potato slices cooked with garlic and olive oil as a side dish and corn for the vegetable.  My Man says that the chicken with the sauce would also taste very good served over rice. 

My Man also says that there "have too" been more than 5 Double Do Overs in our 15 years of marriage, however, he has not been able to name them as yet. 

Enjoy!  I hope it lives up to the "hype"!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Thank you. Now my children may eat. Love ya!

Gretchen said...

Happy to be of assistance! Miss you guys!

Lori said...

ok ... Raves all around. I used apricot / pineapple preserves because that was what I had. Served it over Jasmine rice. yummy! Thanks!

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails