Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nourish ~ For the Hearts and Souls in Us All

Welcome to Nourish: 31 Days of Family, Food, and Faith. This is Day 2. To see the beginning of the series click here!

There is a book that lives in our "Morning Time" basket with which the kids (including the teenagers) and I begin our school days. It is the same book that I have used countless times to teach children's church to preschool children as well as to teach AWANA lessons to much older grade school children. This is the same book that exists in our home in multiple copies, and the very same book that my family would be very likely to give to your family if the occasion presented itself. 

In language that knows no appropriate age--it is as beautiful to the child's ear as tt an aged ear--The Jesus Storybook Bible tells the Story of the ages just like its subtitle says, "Where Every Story Whispers His Name". 


I love this book. I love the illustrations, I love the font, I love the feel of it in my hands. Mostly though, I love how kids of all ages lean forward when it is read to them. I love watching them study the pictures with their eyes while the lyrical words fill their ears. I love when my 14 year old says, "I like how it says that." I almost cartwheeled when fifth graders groaned when time ran short and a story, the Christmas story, in fact, had to be stopped before it's ending. 

Yes, it's that good. If you have children in your life, this beautiful work will nourish their souls and yours too if you are the one who gets to read it aloud to them! (There is an audio version of this story Bible and it is excellent! )

For more information please check out the Jesus Storybook Bible website here. You will find video clips and information on all of the different products available. Also available at Amazon.com .

Other books by Sally Lloyd-Jones that our family happily finds on our bookshelves: 





(a companion to The Jesus Storybook Bible)




No comments:

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails