Saturday, October 4, 2014

Nourish ~ Laugh a Little

Welcome to Nourish: 31 Days of Family, Food, and Faith
This is Day 4. To see the rest of the series click here!

As I consider things that nourish, laughter lands near the top of the list. I’ve seen a fit of laughter heal wounded feelings and I’ve seen it brighten an otherwise gloomy day. Laughter will also ease a tense conversation and it has a unique ability to come back around in a quiet moment and gift you with its benefits all over again. Don’t you love to laugh? It’s good for you…nourishing even.
"I believe that if people can get more laughter in their lives, they are a lot better off," says Steve Wilson, MA, CSP, a psychologist and laugh therapist. "They might be healthier too."
There! Proof that laughing is lovely. Also, did you see that guy’s title? Laugh therapist…it is possible that I’ve missed my calling. Wouldn’t you love to take classes in school that would qualify you to be a LAUGH THERAPIST?? I can’t believe that it’s a JOB


In the name of nourishment, I’ll take a day or two or three of these 31 and do my best to serve as your very own laugh therapist! 


Here’s a little chuckle from this morning… 

Since it is October, and since we have growing children and since the cooler weather is with us on more days than it is not, today is CLOTHES switch day. Mention clothes switch day to any family with children and one or both parents will groan loudly. It’s an awful job. The greater part of a day is spent begging children who’d rather be anywhere else doing anything else to stand and try clothes on for what seems like an eternity. Then you’ve got to decide which of the departing season’s clothes will fit next year and on and on and on it goes. 

My Man is being terribly charitable and has begun the festivities by sorting through my neglected closet. I’ve changed in size approximately 7 times since I last dealt with my closet so I’ve had to try on a piece of clothing or two myself.




While trying on a favorite sweater, my Man and my Meg decided that it was too big. 

“Nuts! I really really like that sweater!” 

Molly walked into the room just as Darrin and Meg assured me that it was way too baggy.

“Don’t worry Mom,” Molly reassured me, “it’ll probably fit you next fall.”

Seeing me grin…she added, “Well, that’s what Daddy usually tells me! “  


Happy Saturday to You!!!

No comments:

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails