Monday, October 13, 2014

Nourish ~ Go Outside

Welcome to Nourish: 31 Days of Family, Food, and Faith. This is Day 13. To see the rest of the series click here!


I had to talk myself outside on Friday. It was dreary. I didn’t want to go. I was glum, needed more sunshine. There was none to be found outside but since I’d already put my shoes on, I went. 

Outside was a good thing. The fresh air, though sunless, was restorative. I’d have missed a few nice scenes for my eyes and smells for my nose (the scent of leaves on the ground, it’s a good thing!) and even more sounds for my ears if I'd remained inside staring at the laundry baskets.


Sometimes just stepping outside is enough to flip the reset button on a bad day or even more so on a day when ordinary weighs heavy.

Stepping out resets perspective and makes returning to the ordinary something of a blessing instead of a duty. 

It can take as long as you need, but I know that even a trip to the end of the drive way and back or a walk up the lane is often all I need to experience a mini-dose of personal nourishment!! 


EXTRA: For some amazing fall scenes from around the world click here. There are 28 pictures and they are a feast of the season. Enjoy them and then get thee outside and see some fall with your own senses!

“Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air
drink the drink, taste the fruit, and 
resign yourself to the influence of the earth.”

No comments:

Share button

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails